Tuesday, September 30, 2008

About Global Warming: No More Input Please, I Have Made a Decision

I just about missed a small article in the Fox News website. Apparently in Great Britain a study has been completed that solidifies scientists recommendations to the rest of us. It tells how we should alter our diets in an effort to reduce greenhouse gases.

Since it is now confirmed that the real big culprit in greenhouse gases are belching and farting cows and sheep, we, the people on the planet need to immediately cut our consumption of them by 50%.

Also, by the way, we need to also cut our production and consumption of foods with marginal nutritional value. That means we need to slash our consumption of all sweets, chocolates, and liquors.

OK?

Well, let’s see here . . . . . . uuuhh . . . . . no . . . . . . I don’t think so.

I have to confess when that Hillshire Farms commercial comes on and all the guys in the neighborhood stand at attention beside their grills and chant . . . I chant along with them. I actually have a different solution to the problem. If cows are that much of a threat to the environment, then I want to rededicate myself to eating as many of them as I can. That makes me feel proud that I am doing something for the environment.

And banishing sweets, chocolate and liquors? This helps the global warming cause? You know, I am beginning to think that this global warming thing has outlived its usefulness. This great guiding theme has grown a little too invasive, don’t you think?

I’m thinking of Valentine’s Day of course. “No, Sweetheart, we aren’t going to the Black Angus this time. I picked up some mouth watering tofu. And I have this classic carton of soy milk. It was boxed in 2006, a great year. Then I got you this beautiful red-heart filled with delectable pumpkin seeds.”

I have occasionally written about how I believe the corner has been turned on the global warming issue. There is too much good science out there that tells us the cause of global warming is not based on science but is nothing more than a political agenda.

Well, it’s been disconcerting that people have not woken up to that fact. But, I think that telling us we can’t grill a steak, have a glass of wine with it, and then enjoy a chocolate dessert after because it is bad for the environment – well that’s all I need to know. The global warming cause is doomed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad, you're funny. But you shouldn't knock the soymilk and pumpkin seeds- some of us would rather have those than chocolate and wine. But don't go calling me an environmentalist for it.

Strider said...

Heck, if I didn't eat red meat or drink wine, I'd take it up just to piss off the politically driven scientists! Come Lord Jesus....come!