Sunday, April 13, 2008

You Read it Here First

We have been witness to the most interesting primary election campaigns in our lifetime. Is it not clearly evident that God is orchestrating this for His people to witness?

Remember when Israel got to choose its King? The process that they went through produced the best amalgamation of attributes that the people could think of. He was a blend of positive features, a cultural and political masterpiece. And, I imagine that there was a list of also-rans. Other candidates who didn’t measure up one way or another. They picked a sure winner – in their eyes. And Saul became their first King.

It seems like this time in America we are choosing our King. It is not a normal election by anyone’s definition. I have been avoiding writing about it a while. It is not that I didn’t want to, but there was so much being written, it seemed like I would be adding to the noise.

It is significant that the Democrats are choosing Obama. He certainly has political smarts but his appeal seems to me to be apolitical. Maybe “anti-political” is a better word. In other words those who are giving him his momentum are doing so because of what he doesn’t stand for rather than what he does. And there are so many people who are fed up with the political system that Obama is the best anti-choice there is.

So, here is the problem for Obama. If he stands for anti- Bush, anti- Washington. anti- old ways, then who will be his Vice President? Obama has an experience problem. Who can solve that problem without being part of the thing that Obama is anti? He needs someone who knows Washington, but who is not really part of what it has done in the past years since the Democrats have taken control of the House and the Senate. Obama has a kind of “rock star” status. Taking up with a Washington insider will compromise that. There is only one person he can choose. I believe he will have the guts to do it. It is the nuclear option. He is going to pick former Vice President and Nobel Prize Winner, Al Gore.

You read it here first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I must admit, I never thought of Al Gore. That's a shocking thought. But I'm trying to not be surprised at anything, so thanks for the heads up. To me, that's such a disgusting thought, and it fits. Maybe that's the pattern: If it's disgusting, it fits.

Your anonymous sister

Anonymous said...

Actually, I misspoke, as another Democratic candidate recently said. The word "disgusting" was not the right word. I don't want to be insulting. I should have said "alarming." But, would not the Nobel Prize winner have to "step down" in order to accept the VP ticket once again? Would he do that? Oh, this is so suspenseful, I can hardly stand it!
Anonymous sister

Strider said...

It was good seeing you and Helen on Sunday....and eating at Miners! Thanks for the fellowship. It will be an interesting election...I don't know who Obama will choose, but I hope neither take the White House.....but, in my opinion, McCain is just about like the other two candidates running. It doesn't seem like either party really has America's heart in mind and future in mind. Just what will get them the most wealth. To bad. But maybe there are still some Washington's, Lincoln's, Roosevelts, and Reagan's still out there. God Bless America!