Saturday, July 04, 2009

Palin's 4th of July Fireworks

Sarah Palin has again diverted all attention towards her. Remember during the campaign when Barack Obama was going to do his big speech in Denver? All eyes were on him. Then out of nowhere, McCain announced his new running mate. She immediately took center stage. You know that Obama’s team was stunned by the fact that she was stealing attention away from him like they had never seen before. Well, she is back.


Yesterday’s announcement was calculated to have a similar affect. It was another out-of-the-blue moment. Just when the people who hate her had been put on their heels, she took center stage again. This time she doesn’t have just a few short months to gain support. She has three full years. And during that time, Obama will have to get used to the fact that he will be sharing the front page with her. What does that mean? There will now be a countering voice that will make it to print and will be heard on mainstream TV.


Oh, the radical left will not be on their heels for long. You can already feel them gearing up. Make no mistake, they hate her. They have already announced that her quitting her job in Alaska has somehow disqualified her from going on. Well, let’s see. That decision is best made by people who will vote, not by people who hate her. And, ironically enough, if she runs, Obama’s best criticism of her is her lack of experience. All he has to do is point out how his lack of experience has really messed things up.

4 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

A surprise announcement for sure and a calculated risk. I hope she runs for the WH. She is by far the most charismatic and articulate member of the GOP. No one else even comes close. I hope she uses this time off to prepare for the battle of her life.

Tom

OrangRecneps said...

I'm not sure how to react. I don't understand why she's just quitting her job. But again I guess that's what separates the elites from real people.

I have to get up every day and go to work. I'm stuck doing a job that I don't like in a place I hate. Why do I do this. I don't have a government funded golden parachute. So I don't get to just put my hands up and say I'm tired of this, I want to do something else.

I liked Sarah Palin, I liked here a lot. But now I realize that she is as out of touch with reality as every other politician out there.

Right now, I'm to the point that the only ticket I would vote for President/VP would be the Limbaugh/Coulter ticket. If They're smart the put Dave Ramsey in as secretary of Tresury, and Gleen Beck in as Secretary of State. Every one of the people I just mentioned has more than enough money to stop doing what they're doing and live the rest of their lives fat and happy. Yet they get up every day and go to work.

These are people that understand opportunity, how to deal with criticism, and how to enable people to be the best they can be. No career politician understand any of that.

Freedom Fighter said...

Good comments, Matthew. No one is sure right now. I am not one to quit on a job half done. On the other hand I would wish that a certain politician would consider quitting his.

Killer Bee said...

I know exactly who you mean, Freedom Fighter. Why can't Dick Cheney just give it up already? Somebody tell him HE'S DONE!

Orange Recneps mentioned a list of pundits and 'talking heads' who "understand opportunity". Throw Palin into that column.

She had a personal meeting and asked herself, "What am I still doing here in Alaska?" She saw that she was doing neither herself nor Alaska any favors. With the ethics charges, the press, David Letterman, etc., she was at a constant disadvantage.

Now she can get out like Rush, Dave, Glenn, Coulter, Bill O., Scarborough, Newt, Karl Rove, Bill Clinton, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Al Gore, Ralph Nader, even Joe the Plumber and say what she wants through the range of media outlets that will pay her the big bucks.

She can occasionally run for President. Let's be real. She would never win. But that didn't stop any of those listed above from trying and raising their stature.

Yes. I am one of those who dislikes her. I think she's crazy. But now I see she's crazy like a fox.